We are very well connected to many private equity and venture capital funds and focus on matching the best placed investor to the right deal.
Why Consider Private Equity?
Private equity is not appropriate for all businesses, but scenarios where it can work very well include:
- Management buy out – private equity can support a management team in an MBO transaction by providing capital required to buy out all or part of a shareholding.
- Shareholder de-risking – existing shareholders can partially realise the current value of their shareholding through a partial stake and ‘roll-over’ the remaining value into the business to participate in a future exit and upside.
- Founder shareholder exit – private equity can provide funding to enable founding shareholders to exit.
- Funding gap – the business may not be able to raise sufficient funds through traditional methods that their business plan requires. Private equity provides an alternative opportunity to raising the required funding.
- Accelerated growth – provides a financial structure to assist the company to accelerate the growth plan organically or through a buy and build strategy.
- Market opportunities – provide development capital to enable the company to take advantage of market opportunities such as technology / product development, introducing products to a market or increasing company capacity.