We are very well connected to many private equity and venture capital funds and focus on matching the best placed investor to the right deal.
Considerations for the Company
Key considerations a Private Equity firm would need to take into consideration include:
- Development capital introduced to provide headroom within the company and ability to deliver growth strategy.
- Private equity have the ability to remove any bank financing, therefore, less onerous covenants with reduced reporting to the bank.
- Non rolled up loan note interest.
- Private equity house monitoring fee.
- Chairman fee.
- Appointment of chairman.
- 10 board meetings required per year.
- Monthly management reporting to private equity house.
- Appointment of Investment Director and board observers.
- Raise profile and credibility of the company by having private equity investment.
- Improved internal systems and procedures.
Typical consent matters, which would require approval from the private equity house before being actioned:
- Make material change to nature of the business.
- Capital expenditure over a set value.
- Entering into contracts over a set value, onerous or not at arms’ length.
- Acquiring or disposing of businesses.
- Enter into partnership or joint venture.
- Appointing senior or high paid staff.
- Appointment of Statutory Directors.
- Changes to share capital.
- Appointment of auditors.
- Make any change of bank or terms of any mandate given to any banks.
- Borrow or lend any monies.